Holding space for people in support groups is a beautiful form of care work. You not only engage with people having similar experiences or identities, but also support them in navigating through feelings, moments of conflict, moments of celebration, solidarity and so much more.
In doing this care work, what would supporting yourself look like? When this work gets isolating, what if there could be a community you turn to as well?
Care Circle is a support space by Bhaava Collective and TheMindClan for anyone who is facilitating or running a support group across India. It’s open to mental health professionals and persons with lived experience, if you are currently running a support group.
This circle will be led by the Co-Founders of Bhaava Collective:
- Pratyusha Dwivedi, MA (Counseling Psychology)
- Kirthana Ganesh, MSc (Clinical Psychology)
Eligibility: Support group facilitators, volunteers and organizers.
In case you’d like a free seat in this session, please write to us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- Please make sure to join on time so that you get an entry into the workshop and don’t miss anything. Once we begin, our virtual magical gates will shut (with a 15 minute window).
- Welcome to the world of technology. You may face interruptions during the course of the workshop due to internet connectivity issues.
- Webinar details and the structure are subject to change as per the facilitator’s discretion.
- The link to join the webinar will be emailed to you a day before the workshop. If you have trouble joining in, please get in touch with us.
- This webinar is committed to be a safe space that is an environment free from harassment, violence, discrimination, bullying, abuse and solicitation. All participants, facilitators, partners are to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Participation in activities or behaviours that discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, place of origin, gender, age, marital status, religious beliefs, citizenship, mental and physical abilities, sexuality, or any other prohibited grounds within applicable law will not be tolerated.
- You agree that you’ve read the event information, and by purchasing the ticket/registering for the event, agree that the pre-requisites to entry apply to you as well.
- You agree to have read and understood our community guidelines, as well as our terms of service.