This is a special workshop for any healthcare professional, student, or social worker:
- Understand the important nuances around mental health, and how to contextualize care towards various identity markers and backgrounds.
- Unlearn the biases you come from towards various communities, backgrounds, and identities.
- Provide a peer space for learning, un-learning, and gathering nuance.
Who should consider attending:
Mental health practitioners, social workers, doctors, counselors, Bachelor’s/Master’s students of psychology who have not been exposed to a systemic approach towards mental health care, and would like to broaden their perspective and unlearn their biases.
Topics & Schedules:
Joining our training would give you access to the following topics:
- Mental health is political: How do social structures affect us (Approx. 7 Hours)
- The impact of caste, religion, and disability on mental health (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Being Queer/Trans in a cis-het world (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Basic and Advanced skills as a sensitive, nuanced practitioner (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Relationships and Mental Health (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Socially Just and Holistic Mental Health Approaches (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Decolonizing Mental Health and The Human Experience (Approx. 7 Hours)
- Community Mental Health (Approx. 7 Hours)
Important Dates and Times:
- Training Dates: 7th, 13th, 14th, 21st, 27th August, 2022 , and 3rd, 4th September 2022 @11 am to 6 pm IST.
- Last date to sign up: 28th July 2022
About Your Facilitators:
- Shweta Srinivasan (she/her)
Shweta (ciswoman - she/her) is a therapist and co-founder of TheMindClan.com. Shweta holds a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology and an Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychology with 5 years of experience. She is trained in Narrative Practices and Trauma Informed Therapy. Her practice as a therapist is anti-oppressive, queer affirmative and client-centred. Her heart lies in supporting people to recognize ways in which they resist dominant systems in their lives, strengthening their “utopias’’ or preferred worlds, and getting people in touch with their values and hopes.
- Sadaf Vidha (she/her)
Sadaf (ciswoman - she/her) is a therapist and researcher with five years of experience in different sectors including school, development space, and startups. She is also the founder of Guftagu psychotherapy and counseling center, Navi Mumbai. She uses art and narrative therapy in her work with individuals, families, and groups. She’s a queer affirmative therapist worked with clients having different concerns including anxiety, depression, body image issues, self-esteem issues and trauma.
- Aryan Somaiya (he/him)
Aryan (transman - he/him) is a therapist and trainer with 6 years of experience. He is a co-creator and cofacilitator of Queer Affirmative Counselling Practices and a queer affirmative therapist. He is also a co-founder of Guftagu psychotherapy and counseling center, Navi Mumbai. He has held training on gender-sexuality, pleasure, and desire at universities like the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. He also has a keen interest in building safe spaces for queer and trans people. He primarily uses queer and trans feminist approaches and other strengthbased approaches to counselling.
- + 2 Guest Facilitators: We’re working on getting experienced facilitators on certain topics within the curriculum. Details of these guest facilitators will be shared on the day of their respective topics.
How To Join:
- The price mentioned is an early bird discount, subject to change as the training date nears.
Complete Curation Form (will be e-mailed to you separately).
Keep an eye on your emails for an update on whether you’ve been accepted into the training.
- Post acceptance, all you must do is keep an eye on your emails for Google Calendar invites regarding the zoom links.
- Join and experience all sessions to receive a certificate of completion from us. These training courses would not be recorded, so attending them is compulsory.
- The training would primarily be facilitated in English, with Hindi as the secondary language.
- Take your learnings from the intimate peer space back into your practice and allow them to shape your values as a healthcare professional.
- If you’re not accepted into the course, we’ll give you a refund of the payment you made.
- Write to us: email@example.com
- Limited group discounts available for groups of 3 and 5
- Limited scholarships available
- At the moment, we cannot provide sign language interpreters for the training, but if you have any recommendations or suggestions around how we could make the training more accessible, please write to us and we’ll love to learn more.
- Ticket price is applicable per person. For group payments of 3 and above, kindly contact us.
- Please make sure to join on time so that you get an entry into the workshop and don’t miss anything. Once we begin, our virtual magical gates will shut (with a 15 minute window).
- Welcome to the world of technology. You may face interruptions during the course of the workshop due to internet connectivity issues.
- Webinar details and the structure are subject to change as per the facilitator’s discretion.
- No refunds on purchased tickets are possible, even in case of any rescheduling.
- The link to join the webinar will be emailed to you a day before the workshop or would be available on Google Calendar for your reference. If you have trouble joining in, please get in touch with us.
- This webinar is committed to be a safe space that is an environment free from harassment, violence, discrimination, bullying, abuse and solicitation. All participants, facilitators, partners are to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Participation in activities or behaviours that discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, place of origin, gender, age, marital status, religious beliefs, citizenship, mental and physical abilities, sexuality, or any other prohibited grounds within applicable law will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of certificates would be at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- While payments are 100% non-refundable, we’ll only make refunds to participants who don’t qualify based on their responses to our curation questionnaire.
- You agree to have read and understood our community guidelines, as well as our terms of service.
- This training does not certify/license any individual to practice mental/physical healthcare in any way. It only aids and adds to their existing knowledge and skill sets.
- Content by facilitators in the workshop are for informational/educational purposes only. It is not intended to substitute for legal, mechanical or medical advice, or medical treatment or diagnosis, of any physical health, mental health, or any other concern. No warranties or guarantees are expressed or implied. Any application of the content provided is at the participant’s discretion and is their sole responsibility.