World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is observed every year. The day provides a worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world. Samaritans Mumbai has organized this Walkathon to create awareness about Suicide Prevention and Mental Health. The intention of the awareness walk is:
- For those who are distressed, in despair and thinking about suicide to know that they are not alone.
- For individuals to know that there is help available and they have the right to seek help.
- To raise awareness that suicide can be prevented if people are fully accepted, not judged and listened to by one who has developed listening skills like a Samaritans Mumbai volunteer.
About The Walkathon:
- Route: Thakur College to Gundecha School & Back.
- You can walk, talk & even jog.
- A street play would be presented along the way.
- A small presentation on Mental Health will be presented by Samaratians at the end of the Walk.
About Samaritans Mumbai:
- Samaritans Mumbai has been actively providing emotional support for those who are stressed, disturbed or suicidal since 1968.
- With an assurance of complete confidentiality and anonymity, Samaritans creates a safe space for individuals to share and open up.
- The Samaritans Mumbai Helpline is: 84229 84528, 84229 84529, 84229 84530 (3 pm to 9 pm / All days)
- Their E-Mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the walkathon is absolutely free! Pre-registration is recommended using the link below!