About The Curation Process:
At TheMindClan.com, we strive to create a relationship of transparency and resiliency with our users. We hope that a sneak peek into our process of curating the list of counsellors on the platform would help inspire confidence and trust in our project’s accountability and credibility. Take a look at how we do what we do! 🙂
Why We Have A Curation Process:
TheMindClan.com team founded this project with specific intentions and hopes for the community that we cater to. Hence, we try our best to ensure that all the mental health care resources that we feature on the platform align with our vision. The Counsellors network is one such important mental health care resource that we offer and hence, the curation process guides us to achieve the said purpose. While we wholeheartedly respect the work and the genuineness of every mental health professional who applies, we are truly sorry if we are unable to feature your profile. In the event this occurs, it is purely due to a mismatch with our guidelines. We hold these criteria close to our hearts and they are connected to concrete hopes of providing the community with services that we can trust.
Guidelines To Be Listed As A Therapist:
If you are an inclusive & affirmative counsellor who’d like to be featured, thank you for believing in TheMindClan.com and expressing an interest to join our tribe. 🙂
The following are the criteria and guidelines that we prioritize in our process of selecting counsellors who apply to be listed on our platform:
Minimum educational qualification of **M.A. in Psychology **with a minimum of 1 year of experience in working with people in the age group of 18 years and above. We request and verify copies of your degree and experience during the curation process. We also request that you share any additional qualifications you may have, eg: Certificates in Narrative Therapy, ACT, QACP, etc with us, that we know you must’ve completed after your masters.
You can have your practice in any location in India, and you remain in control of your practice.
Our therapist list is peer sourced via partnered organizations and peer referral via therapists already listed on on our platform.
- If you know a fellow therapist already listed on the platform, have them recommend you to us. They should be able to vouch for your stance, background, and work as a therapist in order for this to be a valid recommendation.
Schedule a personal interview (virtual) with our team.
Filling out our form: Your answers to our curated list of questions matter to us. These questions have been designed to provide a window into the counsellor’s personal connection to their work, their intentions from the counselling relationship they establish with clients, their worldview, and their understanding of people. If you decide to apply and drop in an email to us, TheMindClan.com will send you this onboarding questionnaire in response. We love this part of the process as it helps us get to know our counsellors better and we are always excited to do so. 🙂
Links to professional online profiles of the counsellor on platforms, your own website, or on the website of an organization/counselling centre that the counsellor is part of. This information will be gathered as part of our onboarding questionnaire. If the counsellor does not have an online professional profile, that’s okay! This is just to give us an idea of your practice. Linking us to you being featured on trusted lists by marginalized communities (like Vartha Trust & MHI’s list of queer affirmative therapists, or Blue Dawn’s list, etc) would be ideal here. 🙂
- TheMindClan.com does not feature services such as alternative healing methods, fortune telling, cartomancy, astrology, numerology, psychic services, and other similar practices.
Guidelines for Support Groups:
- If you facilitate a support group in India, just drop us a mail about your group and we’ll help you take things ahead.
- Share as many relevant links as you can, and let us know how you found us, for us to know if you have been peer referred or not!
- Once our team gets to your mail, we’d be able to quickly schedule a follow up call and let you know about the questionnaire you need to fill.
- The only additional guideline we have for support groups is following the value of nothing about us without us. EG: Queer safe-spaces should only be facilitated by queer persons. If you are a sole facilitator (cis-het) or non-queer organization offering a safe space for queer persons, we respect the work you do but unfortunately cannot list your group.
Everything we do is voluntary. No charge to you, or your client.
We launched TheMindClan.com, having experienced our own struggles of finding support for our loved ones. We know how it feels when you have to browse endless lists, not knowing whom to trust, not knowing what to expect.
Our efforts are purely voluntary. We don’t charge a listing fee to the therapists or support groups on our platform, to curate, verify and amplify your work.
If you feel that you resonate with our vision and these criteria, drop us an email on our email address. Our team will guide you from there. 🙂
We’re a small team, it does take us some time to get your profile. But rest assured, we do eventually come around.
- Once you’ve reached out to us, do give us upto 2 weeks to respond to your message and let you know if we can take this forward.
- It may take us upto 3 weeks to review the information you’ve sent us (post verifying your degree/other information you share with us)
- Once your profile is up, you’d find them on our platform and Google Sheet almost immediately.
- If we do not choose to go ahead with listing your profile, it in no ways means you aren’t doing a good job. It just means at this stage, our curation guidelines haven’t adapted enough to help us list your profile. Keep in touch with us and let us know how you’re upskilling yourself, the courses you’re taking, the things what you’re (un)learning and eventually we might come around to listing your profile.
Our curation criteria help us get in touch with people who believe in and align with TheMindClan.com’s vision. These criteria are not meant to stifle or obstruct professionals from reaching out to us. They are simply meant to personalize the connections we establish and guide the selection of mental health care resources that we feature on the platform.
As we grow, our process keeps changing and we try our best to highlight the changes on this page, but overarchingly our intentions would always be the same. To curate affirmative professionals, inclusive support groups and amplify any resource that makes mental health accessible in India.
We request and encourage counsellors to read these guidelines and feel free to drop us an email on our email address if you’d like to apply or if you have any questions and feedback!
We are forever eager and hopeful to connect with individuals, professionals, and facilitators who can join The Clan and create impact in the community. 🙂